MMI 3G – Enable hidden menu and Video in motion – VCDS coding
- Select control module 5F in VAG-COM/VCDS
- Select “Advanced ID – 1A“
- Submit the value from the “Serial number” field in the form below. If there’s more than one serial number, use the first one!
- Select “Security Access – 16“
- Enter the personal login-code generated bellow.
- Press “Do It!“. If you receive a “code not valid” message try the alternative code. If neither code works it’s likely that your control module doesn’t support VIM adaptation.
- Select “Adaptation – 10“
- Select channel 48
- Press read
- Set the value to 255
- Press test
- Press save
- Press “Done, Go Back“, close the controller and quit the software
- Restart the MMI: Press and hold down the function keys 1 (SETUP), the control button 2 and the control key at the top right 3 simultaneously until the MMI system shuts down. Release keys -> MMI system reboots.
After retrieving your Serial number enter it in the box below and click the “Generate” button. You will be presented with a primary (Code1) and secondary (Code 2) to use. Always start with Code 1.